Adoption Application Process
The process to adopt a dog through Texas Sweeties Dog Rescue (TSDR) is as follows:
- Fill out an Online Adoption Application. Once submitted, your application will be reviewed and sent to a volunteer.
- A volunteer will contact you to schedule a home visit within one week.
- After your home visit is complete and you are approved you can begin meeting dogs. The person who met with you during your home visit will assist you in this process.
We have the following adoption requirements and we only adopt out to individuals who reside in the state of Texas:
- Applicants must have never been convicted of any animal abuse laws.
- All potential adopters must completely fill out and sign the adoption application and the information must be verified and approved by a TSDR Representative.
- All applicants who live in a rental property must provide their contact information for their landlord, and must have approval from the landord to have a pet at the residence listed on the adoption application.
- All adopting individuals must be at least 21 years of age.
- Applicants must allow a TSDR representative to conduct a meet and greet in your home to confirm your home and yard is an adequate environment for a new dog.
- Applicants must be willing to keep their new dog and current family pets as indoor pets.
- Applicants must be willing to feed a high quality food and provide proper nutrition for their new dog.
- All applicants must have a secure backyard with proper fencing.
- All animals in the potential adopters household must be spayed/neutered and up to date on all vaccines before consideration.
- In the event an adoption does not work out, applicants must agree to return the dog to TSDR rather than rehoming the dog themselves.
Each dog adopted from TDSR will have the following:
- Vaccinated for distemper/parvo, rabies, and bordetella
- Spayed or neutered
- Heartworm tested and/or on heartworm prevention
- NOTE: New owners will receive copies of all available vet information and must agree to keep them current on all of the above.
All adopting individuals must agree to pay the adoption donation specified for the dog that you are interesting in adopting, please remember that this adoption donation is covering our cost of getting the dog back to health, up to date on vaccinations for the year, spayed/neutered, micro-chipped, and a nutrious diet while in foster care.